Neurology Outpatient Clinic is seeking a team player that has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks. To provide customer service to patients in an ambulatory setting by facilitating business processes (i.e. appointment scheduling, pre-arrival, check in and check out.)
- Must demonstrate excellent communication as well as customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of MiChart and Cadence.
- Schedule new and return patient visits determining appropriate clinic provider based on specified standards.
- Schedule clinic visits, diagnostic services and ambulatory procedures for patients.
- Determine the existence of previous UMHS registration.
- Obtain and update insurance, financial, and demographic information with the patient.
- Notify patients of appointment changes. Inform patients of necessary preparations prior to visit or test in accordance with established guidelines.
- Obtain managed care referral and/or authorization.
- Maintain and tabulate clinic data as needed.
- Collect cash and credit card payments from patients using charge capture system.
- Collect cash and credit card payments from patients using established guidelines to determine patient pay portion and provide receipt of payment.
- Provide information to patient regarding billing procedures.
- Reconcile clinic cash collections daily according to specified clinic standards.
- Must be able to problem solve independently and as part of the team.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Some clerical experience is necessary, preferably in a medical setting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of university polcies & procedures.
Mon-Fri. Hours may vary depending on clinic needs.
1st Fl. Taubman Center, 1500 E. Medical Center Dr. SPC 5322
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.