How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Coordinate and carry out work plan activities for the maintenance of horticulture and site furniture, maintenance leaf removal, perennial upkeep, bed cleanup, litter removal, weed whipping, fertilizing, pruning, mulching, edging, pesticide application and rototilling, mix and apply selective and non-selective herbicides or fertilizers in properly calibrated proportions herbaceous and woody ornamentals.
- Routinely operate various grounds maintenance equipment such as Tool Cats, skid loaders, tractors, utility vehicles, etc.
- Routinely use various grounds maintenance hand tools such as shovels, rakes, brooms, blowers, rototillers, push spreaders, etc.
- Routinely and independently move materials (weighing up to 50 lbs) from the floor to the transportation vehicle and from the transportation vehicle to various sites across campus, including areas inside and outside of buildings as well as on various types of terrain
- A Bachelor's degree and related horticultural experience.
- 2 years experience in a lead landscape maintenance position that directs the work of others.
- 2 years knowledge of horticulture maintenance and horticulture maintenance equipment
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid driver's license with CDL Group B (with air brakes) endorsement during probationary period
- A valid Michigan Department of Agriculture Certified Pesticide Applicator License in categories 3B and 6.
- Must be able to perform all duties within the classification, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
A Bachelor's degree in Horticulture or related field is preferred.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.