Provides administrative support to the assigned department chairs, faculty members and students within the College of Arts and Sciences. Maintains functionality, appearance, and safety of the office.
- Provide office assistant reception duties such as answer phone, greet guests, provide directions, etc.
- Support planned department events (including evennings and weekends)
- Create, maintain, and update documentation and materials related to program activities
- Support event planning activities (inclusing logistics, catering, ticket sales, etc.)
- Assist in the production of event flyers and mass emails, as directed
- Take meeting minutes, as requested
- Support department social media outlets, as requested
- Good verbal communication skills
- Positive and enthusiastic service -oriented attitude
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Ability to handle stressful situations and problem solve quickly
- Ability to respond with a sense of urgency when required
- Ability to share workload outside of defined job description as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in customer service setting
- Experience with event management and social media
- Knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Suite software
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.