How to Apply
Interested candidates must apply through the UM Jobs website (careers.umich.edu). A cover letter, not to exceed one page, is required and must answer the following questions:
- Based on your understanding of LSA Advancement, please explain why you are applying for this position.
- Teamwork is critical to our success. Please share how you have ensured others are successful, or how you help others be at their best.
- Please share your experience in supporting a positive organizational culture.
- How did you learn of this posting?
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single electronic document. In addition, please submit a writing sample as either a link in your cover letter (be sure to provide the entire URL) or following your resume. Candidates who are not in compliance with these requests will not be considered.
- Must demonstrate impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience in student services, and managing student needs and expectations, in a supportive atmosphere.
- Demonstrated commitment to helping students and being sensitive to issues of diversity.
- Positive service-oriented attitude with capacity to use independent judgment and diplomacy while maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Reasonable knowledge of University policies, rules, and administrative procedures.
- Ability to develop and administer scholarship policies, requirements, and procedures.
- Ability to coordinate a diverse workload and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google software.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Passion for working with students and supporting the LSA Scholarships Office and institutional initiatives of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Working knowledge of the University’s organizational policies, rules, regulations, procurement, and purchasing is desired.
- Working knowledge of Mpathways, specifically Student Financials and Financial Aid and Students Records and Admissions.
- Experience implementing and managing application management software in a higher education setting, specifically Blackbaud Award Management system (formerly AcademicWorks).
This position may require some evening and weekend work.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitments to serve the diverse people of Michigan, fulfill the College’s Guiding Principles, and sustain the excellence of LSA.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/about/diversity--equity-and-inclusion.html
To learn more about LSA’s Guiding Principles visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/faculty-staff/human-resources/lsa-staff-guiding-principles.html
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.