How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Registered Dietitian (RD) Counselor collaborates with the nine intervention pediatric practices to provide Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Nurtrition counseling. Counseling is provided telephonically to parents/caregivers of children, ages 3-11, with overweight or obesity.
- Perform baseline assessments, building motivation in caregivers to reach specific health behavior goals.
- Document counseling notes to disseminate to pediatricians.
- Collaborate with a teach of researchers and other RDs to reach study goals.
- Participate in staff meetings and MI skills sessions when scheduled.
- Adhere to Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Federal regulations as documented.
- Provide high quality MI counseling as scored by the MI Supervisor.
- Communicate clearly and tactfully with caregivers, physicians, and research staff.
- Efficiently utilize a web-based study portal designed to record research information and counseling data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or Registered Dietitian eligible within six (6) month of hire.
- Must have a computer wtih reliable internet access.
- Must have access to phone, or the ability to work at the University of Michigan Central Campus.
- Have flexible availability to work 10-20 hours during the days, evenings and weekends. RD will make their own schedule.
- Experience in MI highly preferred
- Experience working with an IRB and research projects highly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish highly preferred.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.