Why join the Entrance Services Team?
We are a growing team, looking for phenomenal teammates willing to work outside of their comfort zone, think on their feet and expertly make quick decisions. Our team is dedicated, efficient, hard-working and always focused on our customers. We are looking for someone with expertise in both guest services and supervision to join our management team.
What Benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Opportunity to do meaningful work and make a difference in the lives of patients and families
- Opportunities for internal growth and professional development
- Rare ability to grow, train and affect the career path of your staff
- High visibility, your hard work and effort will be noticed every single day
In this role, you will be accountable for achieving optimal patient, patient-guest and caregiver satisfaction through the establishment of a good working environment. To achieve this, you’ll be responsible for organizing, coordinating, planning, directing and supervising the daily work activities for AFSCME (bargained-for) and non-bargained for staff within the Michigan Medicine Entrance Services Department. You’ll assist patients, family members and visitors as it related to wayfinding within UMHS. In addition, you’ll build good will amongst all patients, guests and visitors by providing excellent customer service.
- Supervises a team of 10+ Guest Services Specialists.
- Works with a collective bargaining agreement (union).
- Payroll administration and attendance control including approving/scheduling PTO.
- Compliance with Michigan Medicine and Joint Commission (JCAHO) rules and regulations. Enforcement of department policies and procedures.
- Daily rounding of designated Michigan Medicine Entrance Services locations.
- Collaborative relationship with contractual valet staff and operation; conduct periodic auditing and reconciliation of valet funds and make deposits to the Michigan Medicine cashier’s office.
- Maintain staff by actively participating in the department’s hiring and selection process; facilitating orientation and training of new employees.
- Ensures staff productivity through mentoring, counseling and disciplining employees as warranted; planning, monitoring and appraising job performance expectations.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by enforcing and monitoring department standards.
- Weekly development of staff schedules; assigning and monitoring work; utilization of resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operational problems.
- Timely and efficient customer service to ensure patient, family members and visitor’s needs are met.
- Promotes a teamwork philosophy, leading by example and communicating effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a guest services supervisory role.
- OR 6+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a guest services supervisory role.
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods and frequent travel to/from multiple locations.
- Experience working as a concierge or supervising guest services of a 4 to 5-star hotel
- Experience supervising in a union environment is helpful
Monday through Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.