Responsible for administrative management, coordination, performance and reporting of research projects within an interdisciplinary team structure. Responsible for partnering with other organization and teams, assembling teams of physicians, practices and patients/caregivers to meet requirements as outlined by grants and oversight committees and/or leadership bodies.
Must be familiar with the project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member or partner organization to effectively coordinate activities and to meet all deliverables. Communicates with grant and MOQC leadership regarding status of specific projects. Employees in this classification typically analyze, compare and evaluate various courses of action and have the authority to make independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate direction, within the scope of their responsibilities.
This position requires some out of town and over-night travel. Position is exempt, and time-limited based on grant requirements.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Responsible for development, roll out, management, performance and ongoing monitoring, evaluation and completion of research projects associated with the objectives of the Michigan Oncology Quality Consortium (MOQC) and its partner organizations. MOQC is a statewide Collaborative Quality Initiative (CQI), sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM), with its Coordinating Center housed at the University of Michigan.
- Serve as key liaison for research projects with all key constituents on behalf of MOQC. Establishes working relationships and builds trust.
- Manages the day-to-day work of the research projects, including all interactions and relationships.
- Recruits practices, physicians and clinical teams to research projects.
- Supports practices with screening and recruiting patients and caregivers, as appropriate. Creates all appropriate documentation required for practices for screening and recruiting patients.
- Supports practices to administer surveys, and collect data and information.
- Develops and manages vendor relationships and contracts related to technology and data collection, storage, maintenance and feedback within the framework of the University. Ensures compliance with University and Sponsor regulations.
- Develops and implements orientation and training materials for all constituents. Evaluates and updates materials based on feedback.
- Leads survey development.
- Leads data collection with practices and vendors. Course corrects, with supervision.
- Pilots surveys using technology within the framework of established and approved contractual requirements and relationships.
- Works with vendor to meet data integrity, completeness, validation and accuracy requirements. Establishes audit process. Develops data reports that are useful to practices/physicians.
- Complete or assist with IRB submissions
- Reports on recruitment, testing, data and projects for IRB, as required.
- Works collaboratively with team PI, research assistants and data analyst/statistician, and other members as designated by MOQC leadership
- Maintains and keeps up to date all project records.
- Completes all project documentation and reports to Sponsor, partner organizations and MOQC leadership within specified timelines and structure.
- Develops instructional materials and conduct training programs, both on-line and at practices related to projects.
- Prepares presentations, reports and analytics that communicate findings, analytics and recommendations in simple and logical ways.
- Attains an in-depth understanding of study/grant protocols and objectives to assist with their successful implementation
- Advise students on course requirements and facilitate student clinical shadowing opportunities
- Other duties as required
- Supports data research in collaboration with leadership and statistician
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent or higher
- Previous human subjects research experience
- Effective and excellent written and oral presenter of concepts, findings, and data
- The ability to work independently and as part of a large team
- Understanding of, and use of change management principles
- Experience with research studies, roles, responsibilities and/or processes, especially federally funding requirements and timelines
- Experience in leading large and/or complex performance improvement projects from start/finish with measureable improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with diverse teams and individuals
- Expert capability in using Microsoft applications
- Five years or more of relevant clinical experience (e.g. oncology, survivorship, practice management)
- Experience in practice/ambulatory care operations, quality and performance improvement
- Strong analytic and/or statistical skills
- Effective problem solving and group dynamic skills
- Demonstrated capability to prioritize, multi-task, work efficiently and effectively, and meet deadlines
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.