How to Apply
The confidential review of applications will occur as they are received and continue until the position is filled.
A cover letter and current curriculum vitae must be uploaded online via the U-M Careers website http://careers.umich.edu/ for this Job ID # 167311.
In addition to applying online, applicants are requested to send the following to the Office of Human Resources – Midwifery, University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 N. Ingalls, Suite 1349, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482 (hard copy materials) or to email@example.com (electronic materials).
- Teaching statement
- Practice statement
- Practice Scholarship statement that includes a statement of impact of his/her work in the first paragraph
- Service statement
- Copy of your highest degree and any licenses/certifications
- A list of a minimum of three (3) professional references with relevant contact information
- Three (3) letters of professional recommendation sent directly from those providing the reference to the address listed above or as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three (3) to five (5) publications of your best work (usually peer-reviewed)
For further information regarding this position, please contact email@example.com.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN) is seeking a faculty member who is actively engaged in clinical practice. We are looking for a highly productive faculty member, who is energized about their science and enthusiastic about educating and mentoring others. This individual will teach in the area of nurse midwifery and will provide excellence in clinical education and in the provision of health care services.
The position is anticipated to be filled during 2019. We are soliciting applications from emerging as well as established clinical scholars. Applicants will be considered for the ranks listed above, depending on experience and scholarly productivity. The School of Nursing values diversity highly. All people, including those who belong to groups underrepresented in nursing, are encouraged to apply.
The University of Michigan is a world-class research institution. The School of Nursing offers a range of accredited educational programs and is consistently ranked among the top nursing schools in the country. Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School.
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan that extends world-wide, to fulfill the School’s strategic plan, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
- A Master's degree is required; doctorate preferred in nursing or related field (and is required for the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor).
- A current MI nursing license is required or eligibility to obtain a nursing license in the state of Michigan.
- Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board as a Nurse Midwife.
- Membership in the American College of Nurse Midwives.
- Prior to start date must be in compliance with all health requirements including standard precautions such as Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, orientations, licenses/certifications, policies and procedures both internal and external to the University for your assigned classroom(s) and/or clinical site(s).
- Desire work that engages in the educational mission, with progressive successful mastery of teaching skills, and developing scholarly activities.
- Demonstrated high-level competence in advanced clinical practice.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, networking and relationship building skills.
- Evidence of potential for clinical scholarship.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in the development and implementation of innovative curricular activities.
- A reputation among colleagues for outstanding achievements and recognized contributions in their field of expertise.
- Evidence of service in practice and professional organizations.
Additional Qualifications for the Clinical Assistant Professor Rank –
- Demonstrated clinical teaching ability and practice excellence in a defined relevant area of clinical expertise.
- Current clinical experience in a practice relevant role.
- Evidence of clinically relevant scholarship.
- Evidence of increasing service to the profession and academic community.
This position is posted as CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR/CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR. The rank of the selected candidate will depend upon candidate's qualifications.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.