The Saline Health Center is seeking a Patient Services Assistant/Associate to provide excellent customer service to patients, families and others in an outpatient clinic environment. This position rotates between check-in, check-out and call center. Job duties include scheduling patient appointments, performing check-in and check-out duties, providing patients with appointment forms and an after visit summary, scheduling specialty appointments, collect cash and credit card payments.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Exceptional customer service, verbal, written, interpersonal, communication skills and ability to work in a team setting.
- Excellent attendance.
- Exhibits professional and positive image.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills and ability to make informed decisions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Some clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
Assistant Level: Requires 0-2 years of experience.
Associate Level: Requires 2-3 years of experience.
- Experience in a patient care setting and familiarity; preferably in a large complex health care setting.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Experience with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record system.
- Knowledge of University policies & procedures.
This position is 40 hours/week with variable hours Monday – Saturday from 7am to 7pm.
Saline Health Center, 700 Woodland Drive, Saline, MI 48176.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.