Computer Consultant (Temp)
Job Title: Geospatial Analysis and Mapping (GAM) Laboratory Proctor (multiple positions available)
Starting Pay: $9.25-10.00/hr
- Assisting students and faculty with using GIS software (e.g., ArcGIS), printing, scanning and large format plotting.
- Providing lab users with advice and guidance in resolving data management and analysis problems.
- Collaborating with GAM faculty to provide lab support in conjunction with course lesson plans.
- Maintaining a clean, organized GAM lab.
- Performing others duties as assigned by the GAM Lab Director and Manager.
- 10-20 hours per week during an academic year (fall and winter semester).
- Undergraduate or graduate student at UM-Dearborn.
- Preference given to those nearing completion of the GIS certificate program, or those with previous documented GIS experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm for work, including initiative and follow-up skills, and a proven ability to interact in a professional manner within an academic environment.
- Working knowledge of spatial analysis software and network facilities, as well as the Windows 7 operating system.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.