How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Health System, regionally and nationally known for its commitment to providing high quality, family-centered patient care, seeks an experienced, certified Ultrasound Technician for our Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Clinic to perform gynecologic ultrasounds, including follicular monitoring, assessment of pelvic anatomy, ultrasound guidance for embryo transfers and sonohystograms, as well as early first trimester obstetric ultrasounds. The Ultrasound Technician will serve as an integral member of a multidisciplinary team providing advanced infertility care including In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and fertility preservation for patients and providing education regarding ultrasound techniques to physicians in training.
- Required Education: Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Required Licenses/Certficates: Active certification by American Registry of Diagnosic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in OB-GYN.
- Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for OB-GYN.
- Must have at least one-year experience in gynecology ultrasounds, preferably in infertility/follicular monitoring of IVF patients.
- Must have outstanding patient-interaction and teamwork skills.
- Must be organized, efficient, and have the ability to triage among multiple pending tasks.
- Must have documented excellent attendance record. Must be interested in education.
This is a 20 hour per week position with the bulk of time between Monday through Friday, but with rotating weekend coverage for procedures. Regular work schedule will be mornings only.
Weekend coverage would be expected to be a minimum of hours, if needed, on a weekend day, with coverage split between a total of three ultrasonographers.
This position is located at the Center for Reproductive Medicine, Briarwood Building #1, Suite B, 475 Market Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.