ITS is looking for qualified candidates to join our team. The ITS Technician position is a part time position that will assist full time employees in each ITS group with daily tasks.
Working with any of the ITS groups when assistance is needed. The ITS Technician position will work on a wide range of tasks which will provide valuable knowledge, and will give you the ability to obtain skills in many different IT fields. The following is an example of the tasks you would be assisting within each of our groups:
Helpdesk: Interact with customers to troubleshoot issues, unlock accounts, resetting passwords, assist with the installation of supported software.
Classroom Services: Assist with setup and teardown of events, delivery of equipment, maintain and update equipment.
Project Management: Scheduling meetings, coordinating with project participants, working in the field to verify job details and progress.
Desktop Support: Installing software, troubleshooting issues, repairing hardware, assisting users with issues.
Web Services: Updating content on university web pages.
Network Services: Basic network troubleshooting, install and maintain networking equipment. Communication closet cleanup, ethernet wiring.
Administrative Support: Answering calls, filing paperwork, basic administrative work.
Would also be required to work MCard stations at the beginning of the semesters as needed for creating MCards and handling parking passes for new students.
· Must be current UM-Flint student to be considered for this position
· Must be able to work in a team environment.
· Ability to follow written and verbal directions
· Ability to work independently, assume responsibility and exercise good judgment.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· This position can work between 20-25 hours, and evening and weekend work may be required.
· Work continues between semesters.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.