Why Join the Department of Social Work RAHS team?
This position involves being an integral member of the Regional Alliance for Healthy Schools social work team and also working closely with multidisciplinary team members. This person may be the patient’s or family’s first contact with the team. This social worker will facilitate coordination of care,
The Department of Social Work strives to foster an environment of respect, diversity and inclusion; a place where every person feels valued and can thrive.
What Perks and Benefits Can You Look Forward to?
- 2:1 match on retirement savings
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage starting on day one of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Financial support for continuing education and certifications
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
You will be responsible working in close collaboration with clinical and administrative staff to provide support for patients and families including:
- Making patient referrals
- Patient visit scheduling as needed.
- Assisting with tangible needs
- Providing support calls
- Connecting patients to more intensive treatment services
- Communicating with schools, agencies, and providers as needed
- Participation in social work case consultation meetings.
- Working directly with patients both face-to-face and by phone contacts. You'll contact a vast majority of your patients by phone.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- A current license to practice social work in the State of Michigan.
- Previous experience with medical and mental health social work.
- Skilled in developing rapport and effectively communicating with a diverse patient population.
- Efficient, accurate assessment of patient needs.
- Effective organizational skills, flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks in a dynamic medical clinic.
- Independent, sound decision-making is necessary for success in this position.
- Effective collaboration with a large multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficiency in keeping accurate and timely clinical records by computer.
This is part time, 20 hour/week position. The typical schedule is Monday-Friday with start and end times 8:00-12noon.
This position will work out of two primary work site locations:
RAHS Administrative office at 2025 Traverwood Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.