This is a full-time tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level in the School of Nursing. Responsibilities of the faculty include planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating instruction in the graduate and undergraduate nursing programs in accordance with the philosophy and academic standards of the University of Michigan-Flint. Salary and rank commensurate with credentials, scholarship and experience.
Primary responsibilities include teaching in the Nurse Practitioner programs. Student advising, involvement in scholarly and professional activities, and participation in university service is also a requirement.
Other responsibilities include:
Instruct and facilitate meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the campus and online learning environment for an exceptional student experience. Provide career education through student-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the client. This position also includes additional responsibilities participating in curriculum and course development, participating on various academic committees and special projects as assigned.
This search will continue until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Send a letter of application addressing qualifications, curriculum vitae, samples of research, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and the names and contact information of three references, preferably via email to: Denise Shourd at email@example.com or Chair, Assistant Professor Search Committee, University of Michigan-Flint, School of Nursing, 303 East Kearsley Street, Flint, MI 48502-1950. Further questions should be directed to Denise Shourd via the above e-mail.
- Earned PhD in Nursing or related field
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Experience teaching in a baccalaureate program and higher degree program in nursing
- Clinical expertise in the areas of Psychiatric Mental Health, Family Practice or both
- Certification and licensure as a Family and/or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (dual certification preferred)
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and students
- Commitment to scholarship
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural settings and a demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Ability to work in an accelerated learning format
- Regisration to practice nursing in Michigan with an unrestricted license or eligible to apply
- Dual certification as a Family and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Online teaching experience
- Evidence of supporting faculty governance and collegial decision-making and problem solving
- Experience in grant writing with success in obtaining external funding
- Evidence of commitment to student-centered education
- Experience in interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship
- Commitment and patterns of success in working with non-traditional learners
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.