The University of Michigan Orthotics and Prosthetics Center is a large multi-disciplinary clinic dedicated to providing high quality orthotic, prosthetic, and pedorthic services for adults and children. The 30,000 square foot facility is located at 2850 S. Industrial Hwy, Ann Arbor, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the Michigan Medicine Orthoticsand Prosthetics Team?
As a Pedorthist at Michigan Medicine, you will work to improve foot problems caused by disease, overuse and injury. Working within a diverse environment, you will provide long-term maintenance of healthy feet and prevention of foot damage. Our Orthotics and Prosthetics Center is one of the few University based facilities in the country that offers comprehensive services and has received the maximum three-year accreditation by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics. If you want to join a dynamic team while obtaining the opportunity to advance your career, apply today!
What perks and benefits can you lookforward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- State of the art technology and equipment Tremendous team support
- Opportunity to conduct research relative to orthotic management of the foot.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- You will evaluate patient’s orthotic needs in relation to disease and functional loss involving the foot and ankle.
- Examine and measure foot for factors affecting the fittings.
- Craft the design, type and specifications of the foot orthoses.
- You will fabricate and fit foot orthoses in consultation with physicians and patients.
- You will select the materials necessary to fabricate foot orthoses.
- Provide instruction to patients in the proper use and care of the orthoses.
- You will repair and maintain the orthoses.
- Work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in an energizing and fun environment.
- Teach / mentor residents in O&P Residency Program.
- Engage in evidence based practices related to orthotic treatment for the foot.
- Achievement of a high school diploma, GED, or college degree in a recognized field of science or learning which relates to the duties of the position.
- Certification by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics (ABC).
- Minimum of two years’ experience post certificate in Pedorthics.
- Comfortable working in a highly computerized environment.
- Exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff. Portray a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and proven ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Demonstrate prioritization skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, and excellent attendance.
UMOrthotics and Prosthetics Center in Ann Abor, MI
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.