How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Future Public Health Leaders Program (FPHLP) is a CDC funded program, designed to encourage underrepresented college students to consider careers in public health. The program is a 10-week residential summer program that runs May 20 through August 9, 2019. FPHLP incorporates a multi-prong curriculum that integrates both real-world field experience and seminars and workshops designed to introduce students to public health careers.
FPHLP is seeking a full-time residential life leader to plan and to supervise residential life activities in the evenings and on weekends for approximately forty-five (45) undergraduate students. The Residential Life Leader will be responsible for defined activities in the AM, PM, and weekends. FPHLP is looking for a highly organized individual who is able to interact with a diverse group of people. The selected candidate must be able to exercise good judgment and have strong interpersonal skills. The Residential Life leader is expected to live in the Residential Hall with the students. An orientation/training session is mandatory for the position.
Responsibilities will include assisting with administrative tasks for the program, fulfilling any duties associated with interacting with the FPHLP students, including the following:
- Work cooperatively with students to ensure an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Act as the liaison between the FPHLP team and UM Housing to ensure a safe and healthy living environment.
- Distribute and collect the vehicle keys.
- Plan evening and weekend activities for the FPHLP students.
- Coordinate student transportation to public health sites and other activities for the students.
- Participate in weekly meetings with key program staff.
- Attend field trips with the students to assist with program and student logistics.
- Serve as a local resource for students in the Residence Hall.
- Assist with program and participant evaluations.
- Completion of at least three years at an undergraduate insitution.
- Experience with supervision and leadership, strong desired
- Graduate student preferred
- Experience as a Residential Advisor
- Experience with conflict resoluation and negotiation/mediation
Estimated Start Date: May 20, 2019
End Date: August 9, 2019
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.