How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN), Department of Systems, Populations and Leadership seeks two (2) Research Assistants who will assist the Principal Investigator (PI) focusing on exploring the health risks of and developing and testing interventions to promote health among low-wage workers.
- Assist in grant preparation for future studies.
- Assist with manuscript and presentation preparation for current and future projects.
- Assist with literature searches.
- Prepare and organize data and findings from meetings.
- Other duties as assigned or required for research projects.
- Assist in coordinating meetings and maintain records of meetings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- ?Bachelor's degree required; master's degree strongly preferred.
- Must have experience with SPSS software.
- A minimum of two (2) years of administrative research experience required.
- Quantitative methods skills would be helpful.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills, with the ability to receive and convey information clearly and concisely for various mediums.
- Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Candidate must have excellent attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- An understanding of scientific research, medical, and research terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision with diverse teams of people in a diplomatic, collaborative and effective manner.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Qualtrics, RedCap, and qualitative software (ATLAS, NVivo) preferred.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills with analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to serve diverse populations
15-20 hours per week
State date: ASAP
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan that extends worldwide, to fulfill the School’s strategic plan, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School, and to learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
Supervision is received from the PI
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.