How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Michigan Medicine Office of Development is seeking a full-time receptionist/administrative assistant who will provide a professional and welcoming atmosphere at the front desk and administrative support to the office. This position is responsible for covering the reception area of the Michigan Medicine Office of Development during regular business hours (M-F 8am – 5pm) and administrative support for the Alumni Relations Team.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Act as primary receptionist for the Michigan Medicine Office of Development by greeting and directing visitors.
- Perform reception opening and closing procedures.
- Provide general receptionist and office support.
- Manage the main phone line, take messages, handle inquiries or forward appropriately.
- Maintain the reception desk procedures manual.
- Coordinate daily use of internal conference space, resolve scheduling conflicts, and post schedules daily.
- Responsible for updating various staff directories, the OUD staff directory, and multiple e-mail groups.
- Responsible for setting up new UPS accounts, maintaining the UPS packaging materials supply, and daily mailroom pick-up and delivery.
- Manage courier services on behalf the office. Arrange for special deliveries, sign for deliveries and direct deliveries.
- Responsible for maintaining daily kitchen counter stock and coordinating monthly refrigerator cleanings.
- Provide backup administrative support as needed for administrative assistants on leave.
- Train administrative staff to provide backup receptionist coverage.
- Manage the reception desk backup schedule for lunch, vacation and sick coverage.
- Staff office committees as assigned.
- Act as the office safety coordinator.
- Responsible for mass office-wide e-mail communications using various e-mail groups.
- Serve as one of the liaisons for reporting facility and maintenance problems and communicating issues and estimated time of resolution to staff.
- Maintain the office Standard Operations Guidelines binder.
- Facilitate the Michigan Medicine Office of Development employee on-boarding process and serve as point person for general office inquiries.
- Coordinate office-wide external events as requested, including transportation, venue, refreshments and invitations.
- Manage annual renewal of UM Business Parking Passes, pre-pay hang tags passes, monitor staff use of all of the business parking passes to ensure appropriate utilization.
- Responsible for other projects and duties as assigned.
- Receives direction from the Director, Administration and Finance.
Alumni Relations Team Support
- Assist with appointment calendaring for Alumni Relations team members.
- Perform expense report processing and reconciliation for Alumni Relations team members.
- Assist with specific projects for Alumni Relations team including but not limited to: Reunion support; Emeritus Reunion Photo Book; White Coat distribution support; other projects as assigned
- Receives direction from the Director, Alumni Relations
- Attend monthly team meetings and weekly planning sessions with Medical Education and Alumni Relations team
- Works in concert/support of joint projects with the Development Assistant, Medical Education & Alumni Relations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience.
- 2 years of experience
- Ability to manage a diverse workload.
- Extremely punctual and reliable, proactive, and responsible.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Excellent skills in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.).
- Must be a self-motivated, highly dependable independent worker with the ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize work and problem solve without direct supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to philanthropy at Michigan Medicine.
- Discretion and the ability to interact with top-tier donors while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external constituency groups and to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment.
- Superb attention to detail.
- An Associate’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with concur travel and expense reporting system.
- Knowledge of University systems and resources.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.