How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experiences that directly relate to this position.
- Provide database management to support ETL. Supervise implementation of complex computer code, evaluation of data for quality assurance purposes, production of various deliverables, and writing supporting documents. Provide functional supervision and training to staff in programming skills and/or statistical methods.
- Write programs in SAS for data preparation, standard analysis file creation, statistical analysis, and reporting, including programs requiring complex combination of data from multiple sources. Devise and carry out detailed testing plans to verify the proper operation of the systems and to validate the resulting datasets, analyses, and reports. Develop and conduct regression testing to ensure software still performs.
- Develop and maintain the KECC database using SAS as the primary platform including working with others to complete monthly, quarterly, and yearly updates and reports. Build table relationships and establish documentation to ensure regular database updates.
- Develop the analytical and statistical approaches for particular research questions. Work with other staff members and faculty members to evaluate chronic and end stage renal disease research findings.
- Create or update detailed system documentation including documentation of program code, research guides for projects, data dictionaries, and systems or functional processes.
- Analyze multiple input data sources for changes in format or content as part of the production process and to determine whether and how they can be used for particular research questions. Design and carry out modifications to the existing systems to accommodate changes and assess alternative solutions.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with research sponsors to define research questions and deliverables, determine data reporting requirements, present results, and determine next steps. Answer questions from the community and external contractors about measure calculations and carry out investigations into data irregularities.
- Perform independent critical analyses of pertinent literature, Medicare rules and regulation, and legislation. Contribute to research papers and manuscripts for publication and presentation at conferences and workshops.
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (typical fields of study include but are but not limited to: Biostatistics, Statistics, Public Policy, Epidemiology, Economics, Computer Science, or related field).
- At least one statistics course.
- Three or more years of research or work experience
- Two or more years experience using SAS for data management and statistical analysis.
- Coding, testing, data validation and report creation experience in a production or research environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team or individually while meeting deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Advanced statistical training or experience, including survival analysis.
- Three or more years experience with Medicare or other insurer claims databases.
- Three or more years experience with health-related data management and analysis.
- Experience with data for End-Stage Renal Disease patients.
- Experience with R programming language.
- Experience in technical and research writing including writing proposals.
- Familiarity or experience with Lean management principles.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.