How to Apply
Interested candidates must attach a cover letter and CV, along with copies of transcripts to UM-Flint, Anesthesia Program, 4106 William S. White Building, Flint, MI 48502. Attention: Gena Welch, DrAp, CRNA Committee Chair or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Michigan-Flint is seeking an Anesthesia Assistant Program Director/ Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor for the Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Program (DNAP). This is twelve-month non-tenure track position in the Department of Public Health and Health Sciences (25% Program Administrator, 75% Clinical Track Faculty). Clinical Associate Professor status is aprpoved after review process is completed.
The duties will include but are not limited to:
Clinical Track Faculty (75% Duties)
- Teach didactic courses as needed
- Serves as scholarly project advisor (primary and/or secondary reader) on entry-to-practice and completion student projects
- Advises prospective and current students
- Participates in formative and summative student evaluations
- Serves on program, department, college, university, and professional committees
- Attends program, department, college, university, and professional meetings and retreats
- Represents the program at recruiting events
- Conducts annual clinical site visits
- Actively engaged in individual and student research
- Maintains professional expertise through appropriate educational/organizational activities and clinical practice
- Seeks inter-professional education opportunities for faculty and students
Program Administration (25%)
- Maintain compliance with COA accreditation requirements
- Promotes student and faculty diversity
- Counsels students regarding academic, didactic, and professional performance
- Maintains and initiates contracts with clinical partner and affiliate sites
- Establishes, maintains, and develops clinical site relationships
- Curriculum development, review, and refinement
- Provide faculty development for clinical, didactic, and scholarly project advisors
- Policy oversight, implementation, and development
- Continuous program evaluation and improvement of quality and effectiveness
- Serves as program administrator on call as assigned
- Serves as Program Director in Program Director’s absence
- Doctorate degree required graduation from a recognized School of Nursing and accredited School of Anesthesia.
- Certification/recertification by the National Board on Certification/Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Licensure to practice in Michigan as a registered nurse with specialty licensure as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists.
- At least 2 years of more responsible experience in a supervisory /management role.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.