How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Clinical Research Therapist to assist with two Federally-funded projects related to substance sue. The Clinical Research Therapist will be responsible implementing manualized interventions. The delivery of the interventions will take place via telephone. The Clinical Research Therapist will be responsible for preparing materials for the study sessions, accurately completing daily paperwork, electronic notes and additional documentation needed for the study, updating study databases, following all research protocols and procedures, participating in weekly supervision, performing and documenting risk assessments and providing brief supportive counseling, as needed. Additional study tasks may be assigned if necessary. This position requires flexibility and availability to work days, evenings, and weekends, as needed, to meet study goals.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
The Clinical Research Therapist will be responsible for delivering manualized therapy, preparing materials for the study sessions, accurately completing daily paperwork, electronic notes and additional documentation needed for the study, updating study databases, following all research protocols and procedures, participating in weekly supervision, performing and documenting risk assessments and providing brief supportive counseling, as needed.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a similar discipline, with evidence of course work in Research Methods and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is required.
- 4-5 years of related experience.
- Training in and experience delivering Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is required.
- Excellent organizational skills, professionalism, attention to detail, ability to work independently but also within a team, personable, and the ability prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines are all a must.
- The candidate must be able to work independently for extended periods while receiving feedback and guidance from study coordinators and faculty investigators.
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team and ability to adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines are also a necessity.
- The job will require flexibility in order to meet project deadlines and goals; therefore, a strong ability to problem solve is highly desired.
- Appropriate licensing within the candidate’s field is preferred.
- Previous training and/or extensive experience working in clinical research with manualized interventions is highly preferred.
- Experience using MS Excel, Access and REDCap are preferred.
- Previous experience conducting health related research and/or with substance abuse or high risk populations is preferred, but not required.
M-F, may require some evenings and weekends
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.