How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Family Medicine at Domino's Farms an Ambulatory Care facility offering primary care services, dedicated to providing high quality health care services for Children and Adults. We are actively seeking compassionate, committed, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families, and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
- Describe your experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the Family Medicine at Domino's Farms.
- Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- Describe why you are choosing a career in the healthcare field
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Provide check-in and check-out support for Children and Adult patients. Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families in a fast paced clinic environment. Responsibilities include: appointment and test scheduling, processing patient payments (co-pays and outstanding balances). Work within electronic medical record, maintain business work queues, and inbasket management. Verify and update patient information and obtain referrals and/or authorizations. Respond to inquiries concerning department programs, services, and activities. Provide general information to staff and patients.
- Clerical experience is necessary, preferably in a medical setting.
- Candidate must be a team player with the ability to work independently, be self-directed, possess strong organization and prioritization skills, ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment, and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- The selected individual must also have proven exemplary attendance.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Must adhere to Michigan Medicine standard of personal and professional conduct, possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, proficient computer and keyboarding skills.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Current experience in Family Medicine.
- Experience with an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting
- *Bilingual in Japanese and English or Bilingual in Spainish and English* a plus. Please put on cover letter which languages you are bilingual in!
Day, Evening hours (until 8 p.m.) and rotating Saturdays
Domino's Farms Facility
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.