Would you like to spend your summer working on or close to campus? Does the idea of working with an organization that gives back to the community sound exciting to you? Do you like to have fun while working hard and developing your knowledge? Then consider joining the University of Michigan Credit Union (UMCU) as a Member Service Representative! We are looking for a number of students to start with us in late May and work for us full-time over the summer.
What you'll be doing in this role:
- Provide first-class service to our members
- Maintain a cash drawer, count money and prepare your drawer for balancing
- Process all monetary transactions for members including; deposits, withdrawals, loan transactions and update member information
- Handle all member requests and advise members on services offered by the credit union
- Respond to member questions regarding credit union policies and procedures
- Attend UMCU sponsored events both on and off campus
What you need for this role:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work from mid-May through the first week of September
- Math and general clerical skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail even in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work some Saturdays is required
- To be considered for this position, applicant must be a University of Michigan-Flint student.
What's in it for you?
- You'll gain hands-on experience, adding to your skillsets and building your resume
- Convenient locations on and close to campus
- Learn in a positive and upbeat work environment
- Maize and Blue Logo wear!
- Opportunity to give back to the local community
- UMCU was named a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press
- Named one of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Workplaces by the National Association for Business Resources
Employees hired for this position are NOT University of Michigan-Flint employees.
Candidates will be selected and hired by University of Michigan Credit Union. All selected candidates will be required to follow the employment process deemed necessary by the University of Michigan Credit Union. Please apply at https://www.umcu.org/Careers_108.html.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.