This position will be an office assistant, working in the University of Michigan-Dearborn Police Department. The Office Assistant will provide support to the current Administrative Personnel. Applicant will be answering phones and providing customer service for Faculty, Staff, and Students needing help with lost & found, Incident Reporting, Traffic Accident Reporting, Access requests for campus buildings, and many miscellaneous requests as they happen. This position will help to maintain and update a "Policy and Procedural" manual for all administrative tasks in the office. General office tasks, such as filing and sorting documents, scanning materials, creating documents, faxing and typing will be part of the daily duties. A lot of work will be done in Microsoft Word, Excel, and in Access, so proficiency with this software is a must. Also, special projects will be assigned as needed.
- High-school diploma
- Prior experience with customer service
- Proficient computer skillset with MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Must be punctual and dependable to work the hours scheduled
- Ability to self-motivate and to follow through on projects is imperative
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to effectively work within a team is mandatory
- Preference for this job will be given to UM-Dearborn students with a work study award
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background check. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.