How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Statistical analysis of clinical, claims and survey data for research related to health outcome and health care delivery. Summarizing data with descriptive statistics, working with
- Collaborators to define scientific questions, formulating models and methods to draw inference from the data, applying the appropriate statistical methods to the data, producing and presenting results of the statistical analysis. Participating in the writing of publications and other reports.
- Participating in research group meetings to formulate and refine research objectives.
- Extracting information from regional cancer registries and databases. Processing the data to extract relevant information from SEER databases, research questionnaires and national surveys.
- Organizing databases from registries and surveys. Merging data. Inconsistency checking, cleaning data. Statistical analysis for diverse biomedical research projects involving multidisciplinary researchers. The projects are for clinical and epidemiologic research and require collaboration with investigators, formulation of scientific goals, data cleaning and management, statistical analysis to address aims and presentation of results.
- Attending lab meetings, continuing education.
Master's degree in biostatistics or statistics. Experience in biomedical research. Proficiency with SAS and other statistical software. Knowledge of cancer diagnosis and treatment context. Experience collaborating with biomedical researchers. Good communication skills. Ability to multitask. Experience with fitting and interpreting results from advanced statistical methods.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.