How to Apply
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of (7) full-time Nurse Supervisors will be hired to fill this job opening.
Supervisors will be hired to each of the following Ambulatory Care Services areas:
* Oncology (2)
* Primary Care (1)
* Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R)/Neuro/ Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Center (1)
* Medicine (1)
* Surgical (1)
* Pediatrics/ OB/GYN (1)
To assist the Senior Director or Clinical Nursing Director in planning and management of the patient care services. To provide professional nursing leadership and administrative direction for nursing practice for Registered Nurses, and, as indicated, for Licensed Practical Nurses and assistive personnel. To participate as a member of an Ambulatory Care Unit's leadership team to provide and continually improve health care services and to support the mission and goals of Michigan Medicine. To ensure the quality of nursing services provided to patients.
Supervision Received: Administratively responsible to the Senior Director or Clinical Nursing Director and Ambulatory Care Services, for nursing practice, administration of the nursing contract, and provision of operational leadership. Works collaboratively with all members of the leadership teams of the multiple departments/services.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Nursing Specific Info
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
- Required Educational Requirements; *Applicant must meet one of the following:
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing OR Master’s degree in Nursing
- (Candidates with a Master’s degree or actively pursuing a Master’s degree is highly desired)
- Minimum 3 years of recent (within the last 5 years) RN experience in specific clinic area specialty is required
- Evidence of demonstrated or potential leadership ability is required, including charge nurse, team leader or other leadership experience.
- Demonstrated effective communication, conflict resolution, and change management skills are required.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Master's in Nursing preferred
- Certification in clinic specialty or ambulatory care
- Experience in a supervisory role is highly desired
- One or more years of experience in ambulatory care is desired including procedural sedation
- Broad clinical experience in multiple specialties is desired
Hours/Week: 40 hours/week
Hours and days will be based on unit/ clinic need.
Location: To be determined.
One supervisor will be hired to each of the following Ambulatory Care Services areas:
* Primary Care
* Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R)/Neuro/ Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Center (CMC)
* Pediatrics/ OB/GYN
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.