Physician-scientist seeks a highly motivated recent college graduate interested in pursuing biomedical research in a neuroscience laboratory at the Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute of the University of Michigan.
Experimental duties will include but are not limited to: Rodent behavioral procedures, Immunohistochemistry, In situ hybridization, Microscopy. Non-experimental duties will include but are not limited to: Maintaining lab supplies, Data and statistical analysis.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred major in neurosciences and/or biopsychology.
- 1 to 3 years of research experience.
- Experience in basic rodent behavioral procedures (handling, fear conditioning, colony maintenance), familiarity with Med Associates experimental set-up, completed related m-learning courses.
- Experience with cryostat brain section and immunohistochemistry.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills are also required.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.