The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine is currently seeking an Electrophysiology Technologist to work in its busy Cardiac Procedures Unit Electrophysiology Laboratory. This position is located at the Cardiovascular Center, Cardiac Procedures Unit, Floor 2A.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist physicians in the performance of various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the Electrophysiology Labs.
- Monitor and record data, work with a wide variety of complex computer systems and equipment, including troubleshooting as needed.
- Collect and document information for multiple research protocols.
- Assist with patient care as needed including cardiac resuscitation procedures and recovery of patients.
- Work with fluoroscopic equipment.
- Recent experience in an Electrophysiology/catheterization-type lab is necessary
- RCES is required. If not certified upon hire, RCES exam must be successfully completed within 6 months of eligibility
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire
- Understands and demonstrates the core concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC), including: Respect and Dignity, Information Sharing, Participation, and Team Collaboration
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in an electrophysiology lab and/or training in an electrophysiology program
- Working knowledge of and ability to operate various mapping systems
- Completion of an accredited formal training course
- Registration or certification as a cardiovascular technician
40 hours, full-time. Days/evening, four 10 hour shifts, rotating days Monday through Friday. Overtime and on-call required.
We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Center's philosophy and culture: http://www.med.umich.edu/cvc/cvcpotentialteam.pdf
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.