How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Please provide reference of your work when applying for the position.
This temporary job opening will be posted for a minimum of two calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
A research team at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor is seeking a User Experience and User Interface Designer with a strong expertise in both web and native mobile interfaces. They need an artist with a great eye for detail to work closely with the developers to refine the user experience.
Temporary Staffing Services is posting and screening candidates on behalf of the hiring University unit.
- Engage in market research to explore and discover new features that best serve the target market;
- Lead usability user research and execute user testing of current and future designs, collect feedback for the product team.
- Create research-derived task flows and screen flows as mockups, wireframes, and prototypes (low-and high-fidelity) in collaboration with UI developers
- Explain UX requirements to UI developers
- Design QA (aka redline testing and review) and sanity checks on functionality
- Contribute to and make use of a UI component library (identify components to be reused and components to be built)
- Review early stage software products for inconsistencies
- The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
2+ years of experience designing corporate websites;
The ability to work with minimal supervision, while delivering meticulous designs;
A portfolio that demonstrates your aesthetic skills and efficient workflow designs;
Strong vision for mobile Internet consumer products, clear understanding of usability, user-centered design, accessibility and web standards;
Familiarity in designing across multiple devices from mobile and desktop;
Passion for designing beautiful, usable, and accessible web and mobile experiences.
Expertise in design and prototyping tools (e.g., Sketch, Illustrator, Principle, Framer, Origami, Axure, Invision)
Experience working with an agile, user-story based design process.
Must be comfortable working in a quick paced organization.
- 3+ years’ experience in professional enterprise and consumer UX design
- 1+ years of experience designing mobile app (Android/ iOS) experience
This position pays $35-45/hr (based on experience) + health benefits (assuming a minimum of 30 hours a week for at least 90 days). Position is flexible between 30-40 hours a week (flexible within Monday-Friday 8am-5pm work schedule).
Position is expected to last long-term with renewal contingent on performance and funding. Selected candidate must hold valid work authorization that supports the terms and conditions of this employment. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.