Administrative Assistant Senior, # Non-exempt
Adult and Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT ACU
Basic Function and Responsibility
To provide general administrative and payroll support to the Adult and Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT ACU Medical Director, Administrative, & Clinical/Nursing
General supervision is received from the Nurse Manager and C&W ACU Manager. Staff members in this classification are expected to work independently and regularly exercise good judgment in setting priorities, resolving operational problems, and the application of policies, procedures, and methods, while maintaining the strictest of confidentiality at all times.
This position primarily serves the Pediatric Hematology-Oncology-BMT ACU & Adult BMT-Leukemia ACU.
Monday thru Friday Days hours TBD
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Answer phones and direct calls appropriately, receive/sort/distribute mail and faxes, organize/maintain files
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings, conferences and other appointment/engagements as requested
- Coordinate travel arrangements and process reimbursements for ACU staff through the Concur system
- Reconcile monthly PCard, process PO/Non-PO vouchers, hosting reports, place orders using MPathways and on line office supply ordering system with responsibility for ensuring compliance with University guidelines
- Produce documents such as agendas, meeting minutes, reports, including complex tables, charts and graphs
- Produce graphics and slide presentations using PowerPoint
- Assist with special projects and serve as back up to other ACU support personnel as needed
- Prepare and process payroll for bi-weekly and monthly pay periods. Ensure payroll is timely and accurate. Process prior payroll period adjustments and/or off cycle deposits as needed. Review and reconcile Gross Pay Registers.
- Attend monthly timekeeper meetings.
- Attend nursing workload meetings as needed.
- Review and maintain staffing grids, work with staff and management to ensure grids are accurate.
- Monitor overtime usage, including trigger reports.
- Process quarterly and annual special payments.
- Monitor PTO balance; provide updates to management and staff.
- Assist annual PTO scheduling including coordinating schedules and ensure timely submissions of schedules.
- Maintain personnel folders, ensure folders are up to date and set up new employee folders.
- Assist management with yearly evaluations, including coordinating feedback, gathering information and scheduling.
- Partner with HR representatives on FMLA and track usage for payroll.
- Partner with HR on job postings, set up interviews, and new employee payroll orientation.
- Assist supervisors with call in and coverage, including working with ACNRP.
- Track and process CEU reimbursements.
- Assist in scheduling conference rooms.
- An Associate/Bachelor degree in secretarial science or related field or the equivalent combination of education and previous experience
- Minimum four years of highly responsible secretarial/administrative experience
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to set goals, organize/prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work both independently and as a member of our team; proven ability to be responsible for fulfilling requests
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to compose and produce professional correspondence.
- Extensive experience in payroll and staffing.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Exhibit expert computer skills, including the ability to demonstrate proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Evidence of qualifications is provided by previous employment, references and performance evaluations
- At least one year of experience in a hospital or clinical setting
- Reasonable knowledge of medical terminology
- Reasonable knowledge of bookkeeping, account reconciliation and fiscal report preparation
- Reasonable knowledge of University Hospital policies and procedures
- Previous experience in University software system desired, including M-Pathways, Onestaff/ANSOS, M-Learning and Wolverine Access.
- Knowledge of following areas: UMHS policies and procedures; UMPNC contract; ACNRP; and Self Service Time.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.