How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
PAs are directed to apply to job # 170537 and NPs are directed to apply to job # 170536
A total of one (1), 1.0 FTE, Advanced Practice Professional (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Under physician supervision, coordinate care and management of patients referred to Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) Program. Provide weekly patient case presentations to multidisciplinary TAVR team. Investigate, develop and implement care delivery models targeted to improve patient satisfaction while increasing clinical efficiency, safety, and quality. Provide inpatient consultations for patients referred to the TAVR program. Complete detailed history and physicals and present pertinent data to the medical staff. Collect and interpret reports from diagnostic lab tests, radiographic procedures and clinical studies. Order tests and prescribe medications. Partner with the inpatient, OR, cath lab and outpatient teams to: develop safe, effective and efficient care coordination for this patient population; provide education for patients, families and health care professionals; participate in development, implementation, evaluation and outcome monitoring of the provided clinical care.
Supervision of professional nursing practice is received from the FCVC Clinic Administrator / Nurse Manager.
Supervision for delegated medical functions is received from designated physicians.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Michigan.
- Current specialty certification as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan.
- Graduate of Accredited Nurse Practitioner program as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care NP or Adult-Gerontology Primary Care NP.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Minimum of (3) years’ experience as a RN/NP in an acute care cardiology setting
- Current license and DEA to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Satisfactory completion of a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Minimum of (3) years’ experience as a PA in an acute care cardiology setting
- Five (5) years or greater previous experience as an advance practice provider managing patients in an acute care setting
- One to two (1-2) years’ ambulatory care experience managing patients in a clinic setting
- Three to five (3-5) years advanced practice experience in Cardiology
- Two to three (2-3) years’ experience working in a TAVR program within the last 3 years
- National Board Certification in Cardiology
- Previous participation in clinical research involving cardiology patients
- Experience in research role related to Cardiology patient population
- Previous experience in program development
- Active professional memberships related to Cardiology
- Experience in leading or chair of a professional committee
- Experience with TVT registry and outcome measure
- Knowledge of quality measure and previous participation in quality improvement projects
- Previous experience in professional presentations and group education
- Previous experience in the development of evidence based clinical protocols.
Hours/Week: 40 hours/week
Shift/Days: Flexible hours and days potential evening and weekends.
Location: Cardiovascular Center Clinics
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities, please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Centers philosophy and culture:
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.