How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Medicine Finance is seeking a Real Estate Manager to join our central finance team. The Real Estate Manager plays a key rold in helping leadership make data-driven strategic decisions on real estate matters, negotiating leases, and coordinating property renovations. This position , reporting to the Controller of Michigan Medicine, will provide highly resposive support for the Chief Financial Officer, finance management team, as well as the braoder Michigan Medicine organization.
The mission of Michigan Medicine is to improve the health of patients, populations, and communities through excellence in education , patient care, community service, resesarch, and technology development, and through leadership activites in Michigan, nationally and internationally. With annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion, Michigan Medicine ranks as one of the top academic health centers in the country, and is commited to providing exceptional patient care, facilitating groundbreaking research and devloping the next genration of physicains and scientists. Michigan Medicine consists of the University of Michigan Hospitals, the University of Michigan Medical Medical School and it's medical group, Michigan Health Corportaion and affiliated health systems.
Michigan Medicine Finance serves as the central finance group for the organization and is comprised of five functional areas: Clinical Financial Planning & Analysis, Enterprise Financial Reporting, Reimbursement, Medical School Finance, and Financial Systems.
Why Work at Michigan?
What Perks or benefits does Michigan Medicine have to offer?
Excellent medical, dental,and vision coverage
2:1 match on retirement savings
Generous paid time off benefits
State of the art technology and equipment
Continued education allowance
Teaching and mentorship opportunities
- With leadership, develop and maintain multi-year leasing strategic outlook; serve as key input to Michigan Medicine master planning activities.
- In concert with the University Real Estate Office, negotiate commercial leases for all of UMHS with various landlords. Manage the review and approval process for all leases and renewals.
- With the University Real Estate Office, develop the lease documents and amendments for landlord and tenant execution.
- Meet and/or communicate with landlords and tenants (individually) on a regular basis to maintain positive working relationships and to be proactive on issues or concerns.
- Coordinate with facilities and procurement to ensure the completion of facility improvement projects at leased properties.
- Oversee the staff managing the processing of expenses associated with lease terms and conditions, such as monthly rent, CAM expenses, tenant improvements, and emergent tenant requested needs.
- Oversee the staff managing the Leasing Database to track and record all lease terms, financials, tenant improvements, and other leasing related data.
- Assist The University of Michigan Medical Group and other Michigan Medicine units with location and market strategy.
- Meet with University Executive Director of Real Estate, Chief Financial Officer, and other Finance Leadership on a regular and ad hoc basis to exchange information.
- Coordinate, edit, and assist with PowerPoint presentations and Word documents, as needed.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
Skills You Have
Is this job right for you? This job might be right for you if you....
Want to serve as the primary real estate contact for a dynamic organization that has amazing people
Have a passion for real estate
Want to work in a collaborative environment and understand the value in being part of a strong team
Are able to function independently, and require minimal day-to-day supervision
Have strong organizational, prioitization, and planning skills
Are agile to change
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint or similar applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a professional demeanor, excellent knowledge of grammar and business correspondence.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and successfully manage multiple projects with various key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- Commercial real estate background or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate existing comprehensive knowledge of the University of Michigan and Michigan Medicine organizational structure, culture, operations and procedures or the ability to quickly learn this information.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.