How to Apply
A resume is required for consideration for this position.
This position will be responsible for supervising facilities, managing the grounds, and supervising staff for events and practices at the Tennis Center, Lacrosse Stadium, Track and Field Complex, Gymnastics Center, Wrestling Center and Sports Performance Center.
- Assist with the supervision and daily operations of the South Athletic Complex.
- Perform quality control cleaning and maintenance checks at all facilities and machines.
- Execute proper opening/closing procedures at the South Athletic Complex.
- Assist with groundskeeping around parking lots, buildings, and playing fields.
- Assist in lawn, tree, shrub, and flower maintenance.
- Safe operation of a push mower, string trimmer, utility cart, and road vehicles.
- Maintain the irrigation system.
- Event set-up and tear-down activities.
- Complete all assigned/related Grounds maintenance duties.
- Provide support for University of Michigan practices, events and rentals associated with game day procedures and event staff supervision.
- Ensure proper condition of equipment and tools used during daily operation and maintenance checks.
- Assist snow removal crew in preparation for events.
- Assist grounds crew for outdoor lacrosse, soccer, tennis and track and field events.
- Responsible for the organization of mechanical spaces, storage rooms, loading docks, maintenance shops, and any other operational spaces.
- Assist with therapy pool monitoring and daily checks.
- Other duties as assigned by Facility Managers and Facility Workers.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (May be used as practicum to finish degree).
- Prior experience in Facility operations, grounds, or related experience.
- Successful experience working in a team environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all team members and customers.
- Must be able to perform a wide range of physical activities including, pushing, pulling, lifting, kneeling, reaching, etc.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must have the ability to meet the requirements of operating a UM vehicle.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Understanding of NCAA and Big Ten Compliance rules.
- Understanding of OSEH Safety Programs.
- Ability to work nights, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to enhance innovation and new ideas with all team members.
- Experience working within a Division I University environment.
- Experience working with the public dealing with a wide range of customers.
This is a temporary position lasting a maximum of 3 months.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.