How to Apply
Applications should be sent to:
Department of Language, Culture,and Communication
4901 Evergreen Rd.
3018 CASL Building
Dearborn, MI 48128
The University of Michigan-Dearborn, College of Arts, Sciences and Letters invites applications for the position of a part-time Lecturer in the Writing Program for Fall 2019 to teach professional writing and first-year composition. The appointment will be effective September 1, 2019 for one semester, with the potential for re-appointment in subsequent terms. Please submit letter, CV or resume, and statement of teaching philosophy. Course scheduling is flexible and may include day, evening, hybrid, or online classes.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching technical, professional, and first-year writing
- A master’s degree in technical communication, composition, rhetoric, or a related field
Preferred qualifications include:
- "Real world” experience in professional writing
- Experience working with second-language or multilingual writers
- Experience teaching in computer-mediated environments
This position is subject to the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement between the University of Michigan and the Lecturers’ Employment Organization (LEO)/AFT/MFT and SRP Local 6244, AFL-CIO.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.