How to Apply
A CV or resume and cover letter are required for consideration for this position. The cover letter must be uploaded with the CV or resume as a single document and should specifically discuss your interest in this position and LSA.
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA), the largest college at the University of Michigan, has an excellent opportunity available for well-qualified and high-performing candidates interested in serving as the college’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Coordinator. Reporting to the Associate Dean of DEI and Professional Development and the DEI Manager, the LSA DEI Program Coordinator provides support for strategic planning, implementing, and evaluating initiatives that are outlined in LSA’s DEI Strategic Plan, with special emphasis of programs that primarily enhance DEI for LSA staff. Join the university and college during an extraordinary time for this significant work across campus.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Duties include and may not be limited to the following:
- Under direct supervision, provides administrative support for the Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Professional Development and the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Manager.
- Assist DEI Manager with ongoing coordination of the LSA Staff Inclusive Acts Program, Inclusive Culture Liaisons group, and other DEI programs, training, and activities related to LSA staff.
- Using a content management system, create and maintain web pages. Create and maintain DEI-related social media content. Seeks out stakeholder feedback for website and social media improvement and enhancements.
- Creates, gathers, analyzes, and/or interprets a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative data from DEI-related surveys and other data sources. Creates oral and written reports for audiences within and outside the college.
- Conducts and supports DEI-related training and educational programs, including maintenance of records of training activities, employee progress, and program effectiveness.
- Under general supervision, prepare emails, presentations, and other communication materials (i.e., newsletters, brochures, manuals, promotional information, etc.) related to LSA’s DEI initiatives.
- Coordinates and arranges for meetings, training sessions, and special events of various sizes.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate proficiency with office productivity applications such as Microsoft Office or Google Collaboration and Productivity Apps
- Intermediate ability to compile, analyze and report statistical data
- Prior experience performing work related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Previous experience with presenting information to training participants, and comfort speaking in front of large audiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitments to serve the diverse people of Michigan, fulfill the College’s Guiding Principles, and sustain the excellence of LSA.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/about/diversity--equity-and-inclusion.html
To learn more about LSA’s Guiding Principles visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/faculty-staff/human-resources/lsa-staff-guiding-principles.html
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.