How to Apply
Note: This opening is for a three-year term appointment with the possibility of extension.
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Events Coordinator will lead in the planning and implementation of events at U-M’s Center for Research on Learning and Teaching (CRLT). These events span the spectrum from small meetings and focus groups to large-scale, annual campus-wide orientations. This position requires one to independently, concurrently plan, organize, and track details for multiple events of varying complexity using the highest standards of excellence. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and prioritize tasks within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the academy are encouraged to apply.
- Plan and execute logistics for numerous events and meetings ranging in size and complexity. This includes interacting with meeting participants, managing guest lists, tracking responses, coordinating calendars and travel schedules, identifying and reserving conference/meeting rooms, arranging catering services, preparing event materials, troubleshooting audio/visual system problems, providing on-site event support, maintaining event-related budgets, reconciling financial transactions (P-cards, short codes), and following all CRLT post-event processes.
- Assist the Director of Conference and Events with various office tasks, including maintenance of CRLT’s event binders, policies and procedures manual, and other projects as needed; occasional front desk coverage
- Performing additional duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in progressively responsible roles with event coordination; experience and demonstrated ability to independently plan events.
- Knowledge of and working experience with various software packages including Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with learning new software
- Strong attention to detail, deep dedication to customer service, and a team approach to work
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, work simultaneously on numerous tasks, and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of judgment, confidentially, and diplomacy
- Ability to work effectively in settings of social and intellectual diversity
- Ability to routinely move equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds to event venues for event execution; Must be able to remain in a stationary position during entire shift and move throughout event venues to execute events
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge and working experience with Drupal or other web-based content management systems
- Basic Knowledge and working experience with HTML coding and Adobe Suite (Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of University of Michigan policies and procedures
- M-F, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- 40 hours per week, may also include overtime with occasional earlier mornings and later evenings
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.