How to Apply
Please include a cover letter as page one of your resume, and include which University of Michigan campus you attend and your major.
The College of Education, Health, and Human Services has an exciting new student temporary position opening. One of our Education Mcubed teams is seeking a talented, motivated, and creative 3D virtual reality (VR) developer who is capable of developing common daily life scenarios using VR and 360-degree videos with embedded assessments. The videos will be used to teach life skills such as grocery shopping and taking public transportation to a group of secondary students with disabilities. A good example is shown here in the video, https://vimeo.com/166982144. The 360-degree videos will be shot using a GoPro camera and will need to move seamlessly between real videos and virtual environments. Additionally, we expect the developer to execute in real-time and be capable of adapting current designs quickly to evolving demands. Candidates must know how to meet strict deadlines and be able to work efficiently within our team to communicate and drive the design schedule. Some travel is required for filming at field sites and additional compensation is available for qualified candidates who possess exceptional programming skills and talents.
- Candidates MUST be a student from one of the University of Michigan campus' (Dearborn, Flint, or Ann Arbor).
- Ability to create a virtual reality in a flexible Unity3D environment, and create a visually realistic and immersive experience.
- Ability to make real-world 360-degree videos using cameras (e.g., GoPro).
- Ability to edit and stitch real-world videos into 360-degree videos using related software.
- Ability to integrate the created virtual environment into Oculus products.
- Some travel required.
- Applicants invited to interview will be expected to provide a portfolio of relevant past work and experience in order to demonstrate knowledge and skill.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.