How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be PAGE 1 of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position.
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Please furnish professional references: be highly recommended by at least one professional associate (administrator, teacher, counselor).
Wolverine Pathways Science Teacher
This is a part-time temporary position.
We require your full commitment to the program session dates for which you are applying.
The University of Michigan Wolverine Pathways was established to increase the high school graduation rate, college acceptance and retention rates of academically promising scholars. The Wolverine Pathways teachers will provide exemplary service and expertise in their given subject area of science to the communities of Ypsilanti, Southfield, and/or Detroit. They will facilitate the program for highly motivated rising 7th through 12th grade scholars.
Teachers will teach the pre-developed curriculum to highly motivated students during the three-week summer session.
E/LA: Mandatory Professional Development: TBD ; Tentative Session Dates: Monday, July 8, 2019 - Thursday, July 25, 2019
Professional Development date/time below: TBD
Winter session tentative dates/times below:
- July 8, 2019 - July 11, 2019 - Academic Week 1
- July 15, 2019 - July 18, 2019 - Academic Week 2
- July 22, 2019 - July 25, 2019 - Academic Week 3
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related specialty.
- Certification in specialty/grade level.
- At least 2 years experience in selected subject area.
- Experience with project-based teaching styles.
- Math teachers should have experience with inquiry-based teaching styles.
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Desire to be an advocate for the development of students.
- Be dynamic and creative in the implementation of lessons.
- Must be able to attend pre-session training day and professional development sessions.
- Specific ability-based competencies include: communicating with diverse groups; displaying tact and courtesy; maintaining confidentiality; setting priorities; being attentive to detail; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; and the ability to work as part of a team.
- At least 4 years experience in selected subject area.
- Rated “highly effective” on school evaluations.
- If a high school teacher, experience with ACT/SAT preparation facilitation.
- Classes of 23 or fewer.
- All scholars are application vetted honor roll students.
- Teaching sites located in Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor, Southfield, and Detroit.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.