How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be PAGE 1 of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position.
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Please furnish professional references:
- Must be highly recommended by at least one professional associate (administrator, teacher, counselor).
Wolverine Pathways Teaching Assistant
This is a part-time temporary position. We require your full commitment to the program session dates for which you are applying.The University of Michigan Wolverine Pathways was established to increase the high school graduation rate, college acceptance, and retention rates of academically promising scholars. The Wolverine Pathways teachers assistants will provide exemplary service and expertise in their given subject area of E/LA or math to the communities of Ypsilanti, Southfield, and/or Detroit. They will
co-facilitate the program for highly motivated 7th - 12th grade scholars.
Teachers assistants co-teach a pre-developed curriculum to highly motivated students during the three-week summer session.
E/LA, Science, or Math Teacher Assistant: Mandatory professional development: TBD
Session Dates: Monday, July 8, 2019 - Thursday, July 25, 2019
Professional Development date/time below:
- Professional Development: TBD
Summer session tentative dates/times below:
- July 8, 2019 - July 11, 2019 - Academic Week 1
- July 15, 2019 - July 18, 2019 - Academic Week 2
- July 22, 2019 - July 25, 2019 - Academic Week 3
- Classes of 23 or fewer.
- All scholars are application vetted honor roll students.
- Teaching sites located in Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor, Southfield, and Detroit.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.