How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position you must submit a resume and provide available dates and times you can work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis after the posting has been open 7 days.
Position may be filled as successful candidates are identified.
Work Study Position - You must have been awarded work-study as part of your financial aid package AND be a student at the Flint campus to be eligible for this position.
College of Health Sciences, Occupational Therapy Department
Clerical position available for Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 terms (May 1-August 13, 2019).
This position performs routine clerical and reception work; greets and assists students and faculty in a professional and courteous manner; answers a multi-line phone and takes accurate messages; files, makes copies, performs scanning and typing; assists staff during events as needed; runs campus errands; actively participates in creating a professional and welcoming atmosphere; and other duties as assigned.
Position is Monday – Friday, flexible days and hours. Preferred availability between 10 am and 2 pm.
To be considered for this position you are required to:
1) Be a current University of Michigan – Flint student
2) Have been awarded and accepted work study funds for Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 terms
3) Submit resume and work availability
4) Good written and verbal communication skills
5) Excellent organizational skills
6) The ability to work independently on projects
7) Be reliable, prompt and dependable
8) Demonstrate the ability to respect confidentiality
9) Demonstrated ability to pay great attention to details
10) Ability to respond with a sense of urgency when required
11) Ability to work as a team player and share workload outside of defined job description as needed
12) Positive service-oriented attitude
13) Proficient with MS Word, Excel, & Outlook.
Previous office work experience preferred.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.