How to Apply
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of two (2) full-time FTE, Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
Hours & shifts are identical for all hires.
(see below for work schedule detail)
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Coordinate and provide nursing care to patients and families in multiple Pediatric Specialty clinics, including pediatric infusion.
Provide phone management.
Coordinate the nursing care of patients in clinic to provide efficient throughput, inclusive of pre-operative and post-operative patient education and obtaining of surgical consents for multiple procedures.
Active participation in collaborative problem solving with multidisciplinary teams.
Participate in quality improvement program, which is inclusive of the development and implementation of standards, methods and tools to improve patient care.
Candidate must be able to function with minimum supervision.
Highly motivated patient advocate.
Expectations of the position:
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills in daily practice: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple interventions simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
NOTE: This job opening # replacing # 165169.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level F.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort.
Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Nursing Specific Info
Nursing at Michigan offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits!
- Salary range for Registered Nurses- $63,918.40- $101,108.80
- Evening Shift Differential- $2.35 per hour
- Night Shift Differential- $3.20 per hour
- Weekend Differential- $1.75 per hour
The benefit package includes:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off Allowances
- Robust Tuition and Certification support programs
- Large offering of no cost CEs and professional development for advancement
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent (within last four (4) years) experience as a Registered Nurse in a pediatric setting.
- Demonstrated pediatric ICU and/or ER experience
- PALS certification
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Demonstrated experience in a pediatric ambulatory care setting inclusive of telephone triage
- Demonstrated experience with pediatric infusion
- Demonstrated competence with multiple computer programs
Hours: 40 hours per week
Days: Day shift; Monday through Friday
Location: C.S. Mott Children's Hospital- Multiple Pediatric Medical and Surgical Specialty clinics, including pediatric infusion
Note: All new employees will be expected to float to a designated unit(s) in times of low census.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.