The SEHS Dean’s office is seeking an Office Assistant with Work Study funding for the current semester and beyond. You must have been awarded work study as part of your financial aid package and be a student at the Flint campus to be eligible for this position.
The School of Education and Human Services Dean’s office is seeking an Office Assistant with work study funding for the Spring and Summer term with future possibilities. The position will be Monday thru Friday, preferable between 10 am and 2 pm (flexible days and hours could be arranged) You must have been awarded work study as part of your financial aid package and be a student at the Flint campus to be eligible for this position.
This position performs routine clerical and reception work; greets and assists faculty, staff and other students in a professional and courteous manner; answering multi- line phone, taking accurate messages and direct communication to appropriate individuals; filing, making photocopies, scanning documents; and other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position you are required to:
- Be a current Univerisyt of Michigan - Flint student and have been awarded and accepted work study funds for the Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 terms
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- The ability to work independently on projects
- Create a welcoming and professional atmosphere
- Reliable, prompt, and dependable
- Respect confidentiality, pay attention to detail, and work as a team player
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, & Outlook
Previous experience in a similar office environment
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.