The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), of the Institute for Social Research (ISR), at the University of Michigan is now seeking applications for a Web Assistant for the ICPSR Summer Program. ICPSR encourages and facilitates research and instruction in the social sciences and related areas by acquiring, developing, archiving, and disseminating data and documentation relevant to a wide spectrum of disciplines, and by conducting related instructional programs. ICPSR acquires and preserves data in areas of history, sociology and political science, as well as other social sciences.
ICPSR is looking for a student or other applicant with front-end web, social media, and user support. We offer a friendly, collegial atmosphere, some flexibility in scheduling, and exposure to a variety of front-end web work.
- Perform cross-browser/cross-platform testing to identify display and functionality problems
- Adding/correcting video captions
- Social media support
- Responding to user support requests
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and common social media sites
- Typing/keyboarding skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Reliability in attendance
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively as part of a team in a culturally diverse work environment
- Knowledge of web usability
- Experience populating content in a Drupal and/or WordPress environment
- Quality assurance: cross-browser, cross-platform testing; and code debugging
- Familiarity with common web usability best practices
- Experience using Google Analytics for web traffic analysis
May – August, 2019
10-20 hours per week. Scheduling is somewhat flexible, but work must occur between 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Friday
The Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to ground our research in varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.