How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter must include your availability.
Work study position available in the Human Resource Office.
15-25 hours per week
Primary duties will be to assist at the front desk and provide support to the Human Resources (HR) service team.
Represent UM-Flint as a student professional on the telephone and in the office
Duties will include greeting customers; handle incoming calls; receive and send campus/public mail; receive and send general correspondence for the office when directed; assist customers in applying online for positions at the University; assist in the processing of employee name tag requests; file, copy and shred documents as requested; perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned and complete special projects as assigned.
Must be a current UM-Flint student.
Work Study funding required.
The HR office requires someone who is reliable, personable and friendly, and eager to learn.
The essential skills required for our HR work study position include:
- Strong Customer service skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasking skills
- Ability to be flexible
- Paying attention to detail
- Ability to work well as part of team
- Computer skills are required with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality of all Human Resource records and information
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and work independently.
- Graduation from High School or equivalent
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of three calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
Application review will begin immediately.