How to Apply
Interested candidates must attach a cover letter and vita/resume, along with copies of transcripts to:
UM-Flint, College of Health Sciences
303 E. Kearsley Street, Flint, MI, 48502.
Attention: Melissa Richardson, HR Administrator.
The PA Department is looking to fill a tenure or clinical-track faculty position that will also serve as the program’s Academic Coordinator. This position is a 20% administrative and 80% instructional positon that is responsible for the didactic phase of the University of Michigan-Flint MSPA program and as principal faculty within the department. As the MSPA Academic Coordinator, the faculty member will serve in the day-to-day operation of the PA program and education of students and will assist with implementation and evaluation of didactic curriculum. As a member of the PA program principal faculty, they will participate in teaching, service and scholarship in accordance with UM-Flint faculty guidelines. The position is a 12-month faculty position as an assistant/associate clinical track professor or as an assistant/associate tenure track professor, with a projected start date of September 1, 2019.
The start date for the developing UM-Flint Master of Science Physician Assistant program is January 1, 2021.
MSPA Academic Coordinator Duties (.20 FTE):
- Participate in all aspects of development and coordination of the didactic phase of the program
- Perform ongoing review and analysis through curriculum mapping and programmatic assessment of the didactic phase of the program
- Assist the Program Director in managing databases and the processes of data collection and analysis for the didactic phase of the program
- Analyze, interpret and report performance data of didactic phase of the program to the Program Director
- Coordinate the scheduling of program and faculty in order to optimize delivery of instructional content to students
- Chair Curriculum Committee
- Ensure curriculum meets current practice standards and scope, and complies with ARC-PA requirements
MSPA Principal Faculty Duties (.80 FTE):
- Provide course instruction according to expertise and needs of the PA program
- Develop syllabi, lectures, and evaluation instruments
- Provide instruction in assigned didactic courses while working closely and collaboratively with other faculty
- Develop individualized learning objectives and engage students to share in their responsibilities for learning
- Serve as a small group facilitator
- Participate in recruitment, admission, and retention, and academic progress of students
- Serves as academic advisor to students
- Participate in ARC-PA provisional accreditation application, process and accreditation site visits
- Assist with program self-evaluation including periodic and ongoing policy and curriculum review
- Participate in activities of state and national organizations concerned with the profession
- Serve on program, department, college, and university committees as requested
- Participate in professional development activities and maintains personal scholarship
- Participates in service activities to support the Department, University, community and profession
- Perform other functions in support of the program as requested by the program director
- Conduct scholarly research as required for clinical or tenure track faculty within the College of Health Sciences
- A minimum of either a Bachelor’s and/or a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant
- For a Clinical track Assistant Professor positon, a Master’s or doctoral degree in Physician Assistant or relevant discipline
- For a Tenure track Assistant Professor position, a Ph.D. or related doctoral degree in relevant discipline is required.
- Minimum of at least three years of professional clinical practice as a PA, involving direct patient care
- Current NCCPA certification
- Current/ or eligible for PA licensure in the state of Michigan.
- Prior experience in PA education
To be considered for an Associate level clinical or tenure-track position, the following qualifications are required
- Eligibility for Associate Tenure/Clinical-Track Professor upon hire. College review process required.
- Demonstrated scholarly productivity for Associate tenure-track position
Senior faculty status
The PA Department would like an Associate tenure or clinical-track professor but will accept an Assistant tenure or clinical -track professor if no candidates meet the Associate criteria.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.