The Investment Office at the University of Michigan is seeking an intern to join our team for Summer 2019. The intern will be able to refine and strengthen his or her skills in finance and investing, data analysis, and project management.
- Provide support to the investment team with analysis and due diligence across the portfolio
- Identify and resolve standard investment accounting, performance measurement, and compliance issues
- Review and analyze manager reports, updates, and documentation
- Assist with ad hoc investment related projects
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree, with a demonstrated interest in accounting, finance, economics, investing, or business management
- Ability to conceptualize and present quantitative information
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
- Maintains strict confidentiality requirements
- Capacity to multitask and prioritize while working independently
- Team oriented
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.