We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
1. Describe your experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the Chelsea Health Center.
2. Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
3. Describe why you choose a career in Health Care?
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
To provide telephone (Aspect) support services to an outpatient clinical practice; schedule and coordinate appointments in MiChart (Cadence), on telephones and during Check in and check out processes. Complete financial documents and collect cash/credit card payments from patients using established guidelines. Determine the necessity within established guidelines for immediate attention for patient conditions of an emergent nature.
Work with patients/families, physicians and other team members to facilitate return visits, referral requests and the scheduling of specialty services. Handle incoming phone calls with regards to the Chelsea Health Center practice, their physicians, scheduling, referrals, prescription refills and prior authorizations. Apply knowledge of department and utilize understanding of other departments within U of M Health System.
Intermediate Level: Requires a high school education or equivalent and 2- 4 years of experience.
Associate Level: Requires a high school education or equivalent and 0- 2 years of experience.
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility, and consistently uses available time effectively.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills. Exhibits a profession and positive image when interacting with patients, family, and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provider and received constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues).
- The ability to pay close attention to details, multi-task, and to work well with minimal supervision.
- Able to work in a fast paced customer friendly environment.
- Shows wiliness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify Red Call and respond appropriately.
- Medical Terminology
- Previous experience in:
An ambulatory Care Clinical setting
Michart, cadence, inbasket processing, work-ques.
Strong problem solving skills
Knowledgeable with various types of insurance.
Knowledge of University and Department of Family Medicine policies and procedures.
Shift/Hours/Days: 40 hours, Monday – Saturday hours may vary as assigned. Minimal 2 Saturdays per month. This position is located at Chelsea Health Center
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. . This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.