How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Lead and assist the scoping of project development phases.
- Lead software development projects in line with requirements and project timelines.
- Manage a team of Software Developers and DevOps Engineers (will directly manage ~2 FTE employees and 1-3 interns).
- Oversee deployment configurations and maintenance for cloud-based web applications.
- Design and deploy stable, scalable, and secure production application environments.
- Configure applications to integrate with University of Michigan infrastructure (Student Information System, Canvas, Shibboleth Single Sign On).
- Work closely with the team to solve problems, develop software architecture and designs, and transfer knowledge.
- Collaborate closely with software developers, instructional designers, faculty, researchers, and students, at the University of Michigan.
- Employ a pragmatic approach by understanding the tradeoffs between a perfect solution and a working solution. Interact with various stakeholders, including analytics and research teams, end users, and technology partners.
Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering + 2 years of related experience to include: experience in Enterprise development with Python & Django; experience with HTML5/CSS & JS frameworks (VueJs/React); production experience with relational & NoSQL databases (MongoDB/Redis); deployment experience using AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, Shibboleth; and supervisory experience.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.