How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is accepting applications for the position of Head Men’s Golf Coach. The Head Coach is responsible for the leadership and oversight of the Men’s Golf program in accordance with University, Conference and NCAA rules, regulations and policies. Candidates must have the ability to lead a championship program with a strong commitment to academic achievement and the student-athlete experience.
- Coach and develop teams to compete at the highest level.
- Support the academic goals and progress of student-athletes.
- Hire and supervise assistant coaches and staff.
- Recruit qualified student-athletes.
- Manage the allocation of scholarships.
- Schedule nationally competitive tournaments.
- Prepare and oversee the operating budget.
- Ensure adherence to University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations by student-athletes and staff.
- Develop a time management plan and schedule team activities in compliance with department policies.
- Represent the University at various donor and alumni functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated pattern of success coaching and/or competing at the NCAA Division I level or higher.
- Proven leadership skills required to create a championship culture of expectations and accountability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with student-athletes.
- Ability to identify and recruit qualified prospects who can succeed academically and athletically at the University of Michigan.
- Excellent administrative skills in order to plan, organize and implement a comprehensive program.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with team members and support staff within Michigan Athletics and the University community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.