Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Identify and recruit study participants in accordance with good clinical practice standards
- Maintain meticulous records related to study recruitment and interaction with study participants
- Transport biospecimens from participants’ location to research laboratory
- Develop and test data collection forms using REDCap
- Enter data into REDCap
- Ensure goals for data volume and accuracy are met
- Meet with the principal investigator to discuss recruitment, REDCap, data entry, and progress updates as needed
- Assist with quality improvement projects
- Attend laboratory meetings
- Other duties and tasks as necessary to facilitate progress
Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years of experience in healthcare or research. Familiarity with basic medical terminology. Proficiency in operating a Windows computer and using Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel.
1-3 years experience recruiting study participants, abstracting information from electronic medical records, entering data into an online data collection form. Familiarity will good clinical practice standards. Familiarity with database development using REDCap or other tools used to develop and capture data using online data collection forms for research purposes.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.